Tired of searching for the right mattress? Our mission is to help make your decision process easier by sharing reviews, rankings, and comparisons of some of the best mattresses, so you can rest easy.
Guide to Choosing the Perfect Mattress
Most people have probably heard that on average, we spend ⅓ of our lives asleep. That’s a lot of time to spend in bed! The benefits of getting enough sleep are numerous: you reduce your risk for diabetes and heart disease, improve your concentration, get sick less often, de-stress, and more. Unfortunately, having a subpar mattress can not only interfere with your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep, but it can also result in aches and pains that leave you suffering day and night. The best mattresses have shown that getting the comfort and support you desire is totally achievable.
These are some of the most recommended mattresses:
What Are Your Personal Mattress Needs?
Every person has a different set of needs and preferences when it comes to choosing the right mattress, and there are a number of factors to think about before you make a purchase.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you sleep on your side, on your back, or on your stomach?
- Do you like to sink into the mattress, or do you prefer to stay on the surface without experiencing any “sinkage?”
- Do you prefer a mattress with a firm surface, one that is as soft as possible, or something more in the middle?
- Is an organic mattress a priority in order to avoid allergens?
- Is a natural latex mattress important for you?
- Do you want to have the ability to regulate the temperature on your mattress?
- Do you prefer a mattress that offers a cooling feature during sleep, such as with Nectar’s mattresses?
The answers to these questions are important to determine before rushing into buying a mattress online. You should ask yourself these questions any time you make a mattress purchase because your body and personal needs can change as you age.
Types of Mattresses
After establishing your mattress preferences, the next step is to learn about the different options available among the best mattresses.
There are plenty of mattress types in the market, including memory foam, gel, innerspring, pillow tops, water bed, air bed, latex, adjustable base, and hybrid mattresses. All of these have different features and are suitable for a variety of sleeping habits and preferences. Depending on what you are looking for, you can find traditional mattresses or more technologically advanced ones with a range of features. In addition, most mattress retailers offer a variety of mattress sizes which generally include: twin, full, queen, king, and California king.
Benefits Of Buying A Mattress Online
When it comes to buying a mattress, regardless of whether you’re buying a firm memory foam mattress or a twin size mattress set that’s completely organic, you have two options: you can buy online or via a physical store. Nowadays, it has become more common to shop online, and buying a mattress is no exception. Just because you’re purchasing a mattress off the internet does not mean that you can’t find top-rated mattresses there. In fact, there are certain benefits to buying your next mattress online, such as:
- Online stores normally have lower prices since they don’t have a lot of the operational costs (rent, utility bills, etc.) that stores do.
- Online stores display a lot more options because they don’t have any size or space limitations.
- Comparing different brands is as easy as a few clicks, allowing you to find the mattress with the best price and features in no time.
- There’s minimal effort involved, all you have to do to buy a mattress is use the internet.
- Online stores give you product reviews by actual customers to help you make an informed decision.
While there are many benefits to purchasing a mattress online, there are few downsides to doing so. Some might be turned off by not being able to try a mattress before buying it, but the truth is that nearly all mattresses sold online offer significant free trial periods. This means you can experience what it’s like to actually sleep on a mattress, something you can’t do in a store.
Some people may prefer the old way of buying a mattress: going to a physical location, trying out a few of the different best mattress styles and brands, and talking with a salesperson. But sales reps can be overbearing and pushy, going to different stores to compare prices and mattress features can be time-consuming and overwhelming, and brick-and-mortar stores tend to have higher prices compared to online stores.
Features that make a mattress the right choice
There are many different features to mattresses that make them unique (e.g., a memory foam mattress is very different from a natural latex mattress). Here are a few aspects you need to consider before you purchase a mattress:
- Size: Do you need a king size mattress set or a full-size mattress set? Choose a size that is best for your specific needs so you make the right decision the first time.
- Materials: A mattress can be made up of gel foam, memory foam, latex, or springs. Consider your sleeping habits, weight, and sleeping positions so you can select the perfect mattress for you.
- Organic: Do you want to go for an organic mattress that’s free of allergens?
- Firmness: Do you prefer a mattress that’s hard to the touch, softer, or with medium firmness?
- Motion disturbance: Some of the best memory foam mattress allow minimal motion disturbance, which ensures that when your partner turns over in bed, you won’t feel it on your side.
Things to look for when buying a mattress
Compare different vendors depending on the following aspects:
- Financing: What financing options does the company provide? Do you have to pay the complete fee upfront, or can you pay in installments?
- Price range: How does the price range of one company compare with the others?
- Money-back guarantee: Does the company offer a money-back guarantee? If yes, then how long is your investment secure for?
- Free trial: Another important thing to consider when buying a mattress online is if the seller offers a free trial period so you can gauge the effectiveness of the mattress and if it suits your needs. Companies like Dreamcloud offer a free trial with a 100% money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with your mattress.
- Temperature control: Does the mattress provide the user with an option to control the temperature? Or does it at least make an effort to regulate the temperature of the mattress?